We stood together. We picketed & rallied. We were ready to strike and make an historic sacrifice to protect our patients and our jobs. Now our National Bargaining Team has reached a tentative agreement for a new 4-year National Agreement with Kaiser Permanente that accomplishes our priorities and more! Our bargaining team has set dates, times and locations for ratification votes! Come to ratification to get full details on our tentative agreement.
More written details to be provided at ratification votes. Plan to come to ratification for more information.
Safeguarding our job security!
- Won strong protections from outsourcing and subcontracting, including call center, EVS, lab, revenue cycle and more!
The fair wage increases we deserve!
- 3% in guaranteed annual increases each year for a total of 12% in wage increases: We won guaranteed annual across-the-board raises of 3% each year that will help us keep up with the cost of living—the same as California & much more than what management wanted to give us! Raises effective:
- 3% October 1, 2019!
- 3% October 1, 2020!
- 3% October 1, 2021!
- 3% October 1, 2022!
- No two-tier system! We fought back against management’s proposal to lower starting pay for current and future Kaiser healthcare workers!
- Maintained our step increases and longevity pay!
- Protected our PSP bonus program and agreed to work towards improving attendance and presenteeism as part of the PSP program.
Keeping our healthcare & dental benefits affordable!
- NO increases to medical copays, office visits or premiums! Management wanted us to pay more for our healthcare, but we refused.
- Protected all of our current dental benefits!
- Maintained our $3 prescription co-pay for any mail order Rx.
- Mail order incentive program:
- We agreed to work with Kaiser to improve the utilization of mail order prescription refills and to get the Coalition as a whole to the same level we are in the NW of 40% of Coalition represented employee group RX refill at 40% or higher.
- In 2021 prescriptions that could be filled thru mail order but are not (ex: maintenance medications), will have a $10 co-pay at the retail If we reach our goals, the $10 retailco-pay will remain in effect thru the life of the contract.
Protecting our retirement benefits!
- We kept our pension intact, with NO changes for current, retired or future employees!
- We kept our retiree medical intact with no changes for current, retired or future employees.
Improving our career advancement opportunities!
- Increased funding for the SEIU Education Trust in the NW by a quarter million dollars!
- Removed barriers to advancement: The experience requirement for internal Coalition transfers will be waived.
- Increased Education Travel Reimbursement to $750.
Protecting our local contract!
We maintained all of our rights in our local contract.